Upon acceptance into the AMI 1-YR Internship, the intern will be enrolled into the AMI Cohort Program. This program consists of a pre-departure training, ongoing care, and a formal debrief upon re-entry.
The goals of the cohort program are for interns to:
- To receive guidance in the pre-departure, internship, and re-entry stages.
- To become aware of the adjustments and challenges they may face as they serve in a new ministry context.
- To share with one another about their experience and realizations.
- To grow in understanding of missions, themselves, and God’s call upon their lives.
The pre-departure training involves:
- Building a biblical perspective for missions.
- Developing interpersonal tools for cross-cultural engagement and service in both local and global ministry contexts.
- Learning how to raise financial and prayer support.
- Cohort groups will meet via video conference calls that are arranged and led by the AMI Cohort Program Manager.
The debrief upon re-entry involves:
- Processing and sharing key highlights and lowlights.
- Reflecting on lessons and realizations.
- Envisioning what ongoing service to God looks like.